Date of Original
17.3 x 24.4 cm.
This view shows the state of the excavations following a campaign undertaken in 1865-1868 under the rule of Pope Pius IX. The roadway, approximately 20 feet lower than in this view, was not excavated until sometime after 1892. This photograph is one of two views of this complex in this album, the other being page 1 verso.